Homemade Waffles

Every Sunday I make these homemade waffles for my family. It has become a tradition. They are so light and airy with a light crispy shell. You can serve them so many ways, my family likes them with maple syrup. I, on the other hand, like them with strawberries and whip cream. I usually make the whip cream too!

This recipe is so easy to make, it only takes a few minutes to combine all the ingredients while the waffle iron is warming. I use to buy a mix from the grocery store, but it's so cheap and easy to make from scratch at home.

Ingredients
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs {separate yolks from whites}
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil

Preparation
Mix together with a whisk the flour, baking powder and salt.

In a separate bowl, combine milk, oil and yolks. Beat slightly.

Add yolk mixture to dry ingredients while whisking. If you put a slightly damp towel under the bowl, the bowl won't turn as you hand whisk.

Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
Gently fold egg whites into flour and egg yolk mixture, leaving a few fluffs of white. Pour into a preheated waffle iron and cook until done. My waffle iron has a indicator light that comes one when they are done but it takes approximately 3 minutes. Enjoy!
Do you have any food traditions you do on a regular basis? Like a special breakfast you have every Sunday or a dinner you have on Friday nights or a favorite meal you have at a restaurant. See ya soon!
Linking up with 33 Shades of Green!

3 comments

  1. I've never mastered the art of fluffy waffles. looks like I'm not beating my egg whites enough (or honestly at all).... now I know what to try! thanks!

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    {PS - I'm giving away a Fitness Notebook & would love for you to win!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, this looks very tasty! My hubby has been talking about making corn waffles for the longest so he made some this past Sunday. He added creamed corn to the mix and it turned out yummy. Bet the cream corn would work in your recipe too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to try this one keep sharing

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

{If you have a question, I’ll try to answer you by email, but if you are a no-reply blogger I will answer you in the comment section}

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig