At The Orchard

Hello! You may have noticed that I was MIA this past week. We took a week long trip to travel to see our family so I unplugged from the computer and that was a breath of fresh air. I started off my road trip with a trip to Atlanta and met with my blogging buddy Brandi while shopping at Ikea. She is such a sweet person!

For a whole week we were entertained by our family. We went to the state fair, our home town throws a great one every year, which is always a treat! The kids rode rides while us adults stuffed our faces with fries drenched in vinegar, gyros, fried mushrooms, elephant ears, and candy apples. 

We left early Sunday and headed up to Blue Ridge, GA for an afternoon of apple picking. Mercier Orchard is located in a small town in the north Georgia mountains. It has been around since 1943 and grows not only apples but peaches, cherries, strawberries, nectarines, plums, blackberries and blueberries.  
Driving up to Blue Ridge through the mountains is very scenic. It was as if the mountains opened up and showed us her beauty. We were in awe and plan on taking this trip again to explore more of this area.
There were a variety of apples to pick from, most of which we never heard of. We picked Beni-Shogun, Cameo, Jona Gold, Braeburn, September Wonder, Gala and Pink Lady. We snacked on a few and they were incredibly fresh, juicy and sweet. Our favorite by far is the Pink Lady!
To get those gems at the top the kids had to use the daddy ladder!
We are in love with Mercier Ochard and we will be back! Now to figure out what to do with all those delicious apples. See ya soon!

4 comments

  1. Amazing photos and how fun that you got to meet Brandi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos looks like an amazing time and so cool you had a chance to meet up with Brandi!!! I have lots of ideas for you...apple pie, apple smoothies, apple donuts, applesauce, apple pancakes lol

    In Northern Cali there's a place called Apple Hill lots of yummy apples to pick from, hoping to take the kids on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina! My kids want me to make caramel apples so I will be giving that a whirl. I hope you get to go to Apple Hill!

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are gorgeous and look so professional!! I'm so glad you guys got to go. I need to plan a trip with my crew one day before the season is over. I had so much fun hanging out with you! You have such a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

{If you have a question, I’ll try to answer you by email, but if you are a no-reply blogger I will answer you in the comment section}

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig